Saturday 26 July 2014

THIRD SURGERY


 
Post operation photo. Rus stayed in the recovery room.


The moment had come for the third surgery. We had waited for so long for this moment to come. In fact we had waited for a year and 6 months for the total closure of his fistula. 

On the day the was he confined in MARIA REYNA XAVIER UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, I, his mama was not around. I can't stay too long in the hospital yet I always spent moment to be with him. I am pregnant for the second child.  I am protecting the baby in me because I don't want to any bad things will happen to the second child. Furthermore, I can not apply for leave considering that I am a newly hired public school teacher in Macabalan National High School.

It is only my hubby who walked with him in every step of the way, witness every details what the doctors do and observed his son's reaction towards the people and things he doesn't like.

On the day  the was  in the operating room, my hubby eye witness how his son struggles. Rus was very angry and cried a loud when the anesthesiologist poke a needle on him.He is begging help. When he was back in the arms of his papa, since he was sedated, he slowly close his eyes and his cries became weaker and weaker until it fades. He eventually fall asleep. The team of doctors made a simple, sincere prayer prior he let my hubby left the area back to the regular room. He pitied  his son. He  was unable to control his eyes. Tears slowly rolled his cheeks. His throat choked, no voice spoken. He surrendered his son to the doctors. Then, left the area.
Catching my time to be with him. I still see him in the recovery room prior he was delivered to his regular room.

Although I am always constraint of the time, I always make it a point that I could spent time with Rus. I have to go back home from school prior visiting the hospital. I have to be 'clean' before I have to touch Rus.




No comments: