Sunday 16 September 2012

CONFIRM: I AM PREGNANT


I am going to try my best to document all the wonderful things we are going to be experiencing throughout the next 9 months! Let me take you back a few days!

MAY 13, 2012 
This week the file of works in the office seems endless. I feel less enthusiastic and I feel exhausted. Lull moments was used to open the Facebook and glanced the picturesque moments we had with your papa in our Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia tour. Looking each pictures made me feel that your papa was truly here with me. Both of us were then miles away from each other after our Malaysia summer getaways. He went back Philippines to continue his job while I resumed my work as an administration manager in a little school here in Singapore.

 During working hours, I feel sleepy and a lot of discomforts driving me. I was counting the days in the calendar. I was expecting to get my period today and hadn’t gotten it. I checked the calendar and I realized that I was actually supposed to have it on May 9, expecting that it would be soon that I will get pregnant. That was already 3 days late. I was a little scared! Not because I didn’t want a baby, but because it was such a surprise that we could really have one!
Then, it was the big news knowing what I saw it in pregnancy test! It was indicated that I was conceiving you 5 weeks. It was in mix emotions. I had a lot on my mind! My period is very regular so I knew there was a possibility we could actually be parents in 9 months!  I opened it to your aunt Bernadette the news. She was so delighted! She automatically called our families overseas to inform the big news.

It’s Official! I am pregnant! 
I went to the doctor the following day to see if our instincts and testing were accurate.  Sure enough, they were! At 3:00 p.m. they told me “Congratulations! You’re pregnant!”
Wow! I knew that I was pregnant yesterday, but for some reason it feels so much more real today! You are on your way!!
Arriving home, I seated on my table, opened the computer and connected to your papa at once. My heart was pounding. I burst into tears because it couldn’t help my sensitive emotions. I was caught between happiness and sadness. Happy in the sense you share the joy with us yet sad because papa was so far away. Once I calmed down we both talked about you!
We are going to be parents! I instantly felt nervous and very scared. Mainly because we hadn’t sat down and discussed “trying” to have a baby – but we also decided we weren’t going to try not to either. There were so many feelings going through my body – I was overwhelmed – excited – a little worried. 

I don’t really “feel” all that pregnant yet. I have noticed to myself I don’t experience “morning sickness”. My tummy has been upset that past few nights if I can’t ate the foods I craved for. I love mangoes. Mangoes, whether ripe or unripe, it was not absent in my meal. I preferred Filipino cuisine. I hate the smell Indian and Malay delicacies moreover their viands.  I had noticed I was a bit more tired than usual, but that is normal. And my breasts were sore, sensitive and growing. I am really trying to watch what I ate and I wanted to exercise. I was really going to try to get in better shape for you that should help with the pregnancy! I started taking prenatal vitamins when we found out you were already growing inside me!
 We have so much planning to do and lots of love already built up!!! I can’t wait to share the news with everyone! It is going to great seeing everyone’s reactions! So for now only few of us know!

We will keep praying for you and I will do my best to keep you safe and warm! Continue to grow to my sweet little baby!

INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT YOU
“During the early part of this pregnancy at 5 weeks the central nervous system, muscles, bones and even the heart will begin to form. Early skeletal development is also possible at or around pregnancy week 5. Remember that every person is unique, thus their baby will develop at a different rate from others.
Perhaps the most interesting changes that are occurring during 5 weeks pregnant include those happening in the heart. During this week the heart will begin to divide into separate chambers and start pumping blood. The heart is formed from the middle layer of cells called the mesoderm. Other organs that will develop from this layer include the muscles, cartilage and bone. The primitive placenta and umbilical cord are also developing. The neural tube starts developing in the top layer of cells called the ectoderm. The skin, hair, nails and sweat glands will also develop out of this layer of cells. The lungs, intestines, thyroid and pancreas also develop from a third layer of cells called the endoderm.”http://www.babycenter.com/303_5-weeks_1615693.bc

No comments: