Friday 11 January 2013

WELCOME RUS!


The spontaneous contraction of my tummy happened on the night of January 5th. The pain was unbearable and I got vaginal bleeding. So, my family rush me to the hospital, Madonna and Child Hospital. Suppose to be,I must not undergo labour pain but I did.
A pose with lola during the pre-admission in the emergency room.
 Upon arrival, the nurses attended immediately our concern. They toke all my vital signs while my husband do all the filling of forms.They demanded a down payment of 25,000.00 pesos before the patient will  be admitted to the delivery room. However things were all fine and I was in. I was laid in the gurney while the nurses toke care of me.



Inside the delivery room, they changed my clothing. Then the contraction level and the baby's heart beat was monitored immediately. My hubby never left me. All this painful struggle, he was able to witness it. I was moaning in pain.

Baby's heartbeat and contraction rate being monitored.
 

So sad when I was rushed to the hospital, my doctor (OB-GYNE) was out of town because she was expecting I will give birth on the 8th of January. Everything was urgent. They demanded me for emergency surgery but I refused and I waited for her for 9 hours because I really wanted her to do my surgery (Caesarean section). The hospital called my doctor at once. The labour was so painful, it seems I can't bear it.

At exactly 9.30AM of Jan. 5, I was sent to the operating room. In this time, I was away with my hubby and the surgeons where all busy. As we parted our ways, he gave me a glimpse to be strong.

The illumination inside the operating room was glaring in my sight. The  room was cool and sterile.I instructed the nurse on what to do with my camera. I said to take photos as much as she could as part of my documentation. Then I got my self ready for the operation.They put the oxygen mask snug fit to my nose and mouth. Next followed by an initial jab of anesthesia and morphine. They did initially in order the baby can not full asleep when out from my womb.

My body started to numb and my eyes were drowsy. I could remember all personnel wear scrub suits, masks, and caps. My eye where shut. At the mid of the operation, I was able to hear sounds. I heared my baby crying aloud and a big surprises from my Ob-Gyne. I heard her shouted, "Aguy! There's a rapture! The liver was all out!" Sadden to hear her said, but I was hopeful that the pediatric surgeon can do something of it.

The boy came out on jan 6, 201 of 9.45 am. He weighed 5.54 pounds. Healthy and lively yet got tummy defect. It was a giant omphalocele that every organs came out--3/4 of the liver, all the small intestine, a parcel of the large intestine and spleen. Horrible to imagine!


These photos were taken after the initial phase of the ophalocele repair.
Still drowsy after the delivery...

I was out from the recovery room before 5 PM in the afternoon. I was brought in my room where my family of both sides met me. As described by my hubby. I was a breathing dead. Unconsciously, I kept on scratching by body. Later I found out, it was the morphine reaction towards my body.

Families came to comfort me.

Later on, I was able to opened my eyes and clearly saw my surroundings. I saw my biological parents, my hubby, my mother- in- law and my brother- in- law. They were there to assist me. I heard them talking about the baby that he was lively inside the incubator at the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and to be followed by an operation to close his wound at 8pm.

I was excited to see my baby as their conversation sparked my enthusiasm. I forced my self to got up yet vertigo hurled me. I started to vomit. Thanks for my in-laws was there to help me.
Me, my mommies and my aunt.


My hubby just gave me the camera in order I can see our baby. In my surprise, I only saw 4 photos of repeated position of the baby. I asked him why got only 4 . He simply replied that it was so horrible to see that even the surgeons discourage to take. Moreover, they were all busy to care Rus because he had a bleeding. Satisfied to his explanation, I keep glancing the photos and it made me smile.

 The surgery of the baby was successful. He was closely and continuously monitored in the NICU while I was discharge to the hospital on January 8.

 All we do was to do frequent visitation to him while he was in the ICU recovery room. We also prayed that he will recover very fast.

Thank you so much for all the  moral and spiritual support of our family and friends. It help us get closer our faith to God.

No comments: